Ah, Hot Dog on a Stick.. the funny hats, the workers jumping up and down on the lemons (do they still do that??), the memories!
Hot Dog on a Stick Lemonade was hands down my favorite lemonade as a kids and teen. It just tasted better. I think it was all that jumping up and down. Basically when you squish the whole lemon into lemonade the oils come out of the peels and tastes good.
Today I have a Kopykat Hot Dog on a Stick Lemonade for you, and no, we are not going to stomp our lemonade but we will work on the peels for a few minutes to get some of those yummy lemon oils to come on out.
I hope you enjoy, this really to the best lemonade ever!
Kopykat Hot Dog on a Stick Lemonade
- 1 cup of fresh squeezed lemon juice (reserve half of the peels, I cut them in half again)
- 5 cups water
- 1 cup sugar
- Pour 1 cup of water and 1 cup of sugar into a sauce pan to make a simple syrup
- Heat on medium until sugar is dissolve (there should be be no need to boil), stir as needed
- remove from heat and set aside until slightly cooled
- In a medium sized pitcher combine lemon juice, simple syurp and water
- Stir to combine
- Add in peels
- With a wooden spoon press on peels up and down for about 5 minutes
- Remove peels
- Serve lemonade over ice
Serves about 6 cups.